Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Recycle Urine to Fertilize Barley For Beer

No, I don't want to play swords. Get away from me!



A Northern European music festival, Roskilde, is teaming up with the Danish Agriculture and Food Council to recycle urine from 100,000 people (give or take a few)to fertilize barley crops for beer. The program expects to make 425 kegs of beer which will then be sold at the Roskilde music festival in 2017.

I don't want any part of that. And I don't really care if urine is rich in nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. No, sir, I don't. My fellow Americans, I'm pretty damn sure, aren't down with this kind of sickness either.

Scientists who are involved with this whole "Piss to Pilsner" debacle are saying that urine is pretty sanitary when leaving the body. That may be the case, but I don't want it back in my body via barley, cup, or funnel.

Piss to Pilsner

No comments:

Post a Comment