Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Playboy Magazine Will No Longer Contain Nudity

Playboy barely showed any titillating pictures anyway, so it doesn't really matter that Playboy Magazine will no longer (barely) contain any nudity. The only good thing about the magazine was the articles, anyway.

The New York Times broke the news to the world that's sure to anger some old people who actually like airbrushed, barely-nude females. The rest of the world will shrug and not care. Isn't that what most people (especially Americans) do anyway? I'm an American and that's what I do more often than not. A great man once said: "Not my chair, not my problem."

Playboy chief executive something-or-other, Scott "Don't call me Ned" Flanders said, "That battle has been fought and won. You're now one click away from every sex act imaginable for free. And so it's just passé at this juncture."

Sure, just give up and give in. With that attitude, you will never be popular on campus. If you want to be a winner, you have to at least try. In all fairness, though, since Playboy.com stopped showing beaver shots last year, the sites viewership has gone up and the age of its visitors has gotten younger, which is good from a marketing standpoint. Younger dudes spend more money. I suppose this is good news for magazines like Beavers and Jugs Illustrated and Cougar Next Door. Those aren't real magazines, but they should be. 

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the last issue of Playboy to contain nudity will sell more copies than any other edition of the magazine. If I was a nice person, I would tell you when the final nudity version of Playboy will go on sale, but I'm not nice. I'm sure you will hear about it someplace else (like at the water cooler) whether you want to or not.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment